Touchstone Projects channels support to Action in Focus, a government registered NGO in Kenya.
Their programs include:
Acquiring free medicines and assembling teams of volunteer doctors and nurses to hold free health care camps for those who can’t afford it in slums and rural areas.
Logistical Support for Schools/Orphanages
There are a significant number of under-financed and struggling schools and orphanages in Kenya so Action in Focus provides logistical support and material aid to such institutions.
Famines have been occurring rather more frequently in Kenya during recent years and when they do, Action in Focus is quick to mobilize resources and bring food relief and other material aid to affected areas.
Since 2010 our attention has been directed towards empowering a small rural community in the Nyanza province. In the area many smallholder farmers are struggling just to provide food for their own families. Between 60 and 70% of the population live on less than $1 per day and often rely on remittance of relatives working in the cities.
In collaboration with local entities, our project development goals are:
- – Establish a model farm.
- – Establish a self-sustainable centre for research so as to make information relevant to this particular area available to local farmers in an effort to improve food security.
- – Create jobs to alleviate rural poverty.
- – Promote new irrigation methods, rain water harvesting and water saving techniques for farmers and local communities.
- – Improvement in infrastructure for rural life, such as clean drinking water systems, medical care and education.